It should come to you as no surprise that I love fall. With a passion. I love red and orange and browns. I love the cool, crisp air. I love the warm drinks that come with the colder weather. I love the sweaters and boots. I love the smells (spices, pumpkin, etc.). I love the crunch of leaves as I walk through the park. I LOVE FALL.
Do you want to know one of my all-time favorite things about fall? Getting to sit by my window cuddled up with a cup of tea (chai, if you’re wondering) and a big book as I read and watch the leaves change colors.
Say what? The book-nerd (self-proclaimed) likes reading?!?
Well, I do. You want to know another thing I love? Lists. So I’ve combined the two and made a reading list of books that I want to read this fall.
I’ve chosen the books on this list because they have a fall feeling to them (creepy plot, set in fall, cover photo, etc.) or just because they’ve been on my reading list for far too long and fit the bill.
I am setting a couple more intentional goals for this list because I learned from my summer list. 1) I will start reading books off this list (or keep reading some I already started) September 22 and stop this list November 25. For me, any time after Thanksgiving is Christmas season, so I think this is a good time frame even though fall technically goes until December 21. 2) I am making it a goal to read 10 books in this timeframe, which is a little less than 5 books per month. 3) At least half of the books I read this fall need to be books I already own (help knock off some of the books on my Owned but Unread challenge).
So, without further ado, here is my current fall 2018 TBR list:
- Lab Girl by Hope Jahren
- All the Light We Cannot See by
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Book of M by Peng Shepherd
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda
- Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- The Zookeeper’s Wife by Diane Ackerman
- Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes
- TBD (freebie!!)
I would love to hear what books you’re reading in the fall and what you might recommend I read from now until the Saturday after Thanksgiving! Keep checking back for updates 🙂
Now, as I mentioned before, I love fall. And I really am looking forward to all the things that come with fall. So BONUS…
10 Things on My Fall 2018 Bucket List
- Hike to see fall colors in the canyon near my house (seriously, not to brag, but it’s the prettiest!)
- Watch scary movies in a living-room fort
- Attend a harvest festival (actually doing this one today!)
- Go on a road trip (already planned for October!)
- Change our my wardrobe (spring-y/summer-y clothes go in the box! and scarves and sweaters make their debut!)
- Lots of walks while the weather holds
- Make pumpkin desserts!
- Go on a coffee date with hubby ❤
- Get cozy and read for an entire afternoon!
- Give back (donate canned goods and old clothes) and make a thankful list 🙂
Are you as excited about fall as I am? What books are on your seasonal reading list? Do you love obsessing over lists for different phases of the year? What is on your fall bucket list?
Until next time…