On August 1, 2016, I published my first post on Molly’s Madness. I called it a little introduction. It’s fun to look back on where I started two years ago, but it’s also reassuring to know that I’ve come a long way in my writing. As of today, there are 111 posts on Molly’s Madness. I have shared so many thousands of words. And I grow to love this place more and more every time I post.
This post is coming a little late, as my actual blogiversary was a little over a month ago, but better late than never I suppose. As a throwback to my introduction, I’m going to share with you 5 things about myself (you can always read more about me on the about page):
- I don’t like pop. Especially not dark pops. Sometimes I will have a ginger ale, but if that happens more than 5 times in a year I’d be surprised.
- I’m addicted to school supplies. I seriously love picking out new planners, pens, notebooks, and highlighters!
- I think I was born in the wrong decade. I love the idea of living in the roaring 20s, but I was definitely designed for the 50s. Poodle skirts, Bel Air cars, dirve-ins, post-war booms,etc.
- I am 1000% an optimist! Even when my day is total crap, I will do everything I can to find a way to see the glass as half-full. (For example: when my thesis work wasn’t working, even after getting help, I decided that as long as there was something to try next it would be okay.)
- My husband and I met while working at Burger King in high school. Turns out we only lived a few miles apart.
As there are two years worth of blog posts hidden on MM, I would like to do a quick round-up of some of my all-time-favorite posts.
My Favorite Book Reviews
- Legend Series by Marie Lu — some of my favorite books from this year. This was the first time I wrote a big review for multiple books and I really enjoyed how it turned out!
- Talking As Fast As I Can by Lauren Graham –I loved this book and I loved talking about it!
- The Young Elites by Marie Lu — I did not like this book, but I really enjoyed putting those reasons down on paper. Having to think about and justify my reasons.
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes — Because of the charming anecdote about finding the book at the gym… and crying so hard I almost fell off the elliptical.
- Wild by Cheryl Strayed — It was controversial. And I love that!
My Favorite Bookish Posts
- 10 Books My Mom Recommends — I attribute my love of reading to my mother. She shared so many special books with me and I love that she was willing to share them with all of you!
- Owned But Unread — Still working on this, but I think it’s a very noble goal.
- Unpopular Opinion: 8 Books I Didn’t Like but Everyone Else Loved — I was surprised by the responses to it! It’s fun to share posts that not everyone agrees with… Leads to great discussions!
- Books to Give this Christmas — I love planning for Christmas, so making this wish list was so much fun!
My Favorite Miscellaneous Posts
- My Favorite YouTube Mixes for Reading/Studying — For as long as I can remember, I’ve been listening to classical/ambient music when studying. I know lots of people do. I loved sharing this because it allows other people to add these mixes to their to-listen lists 🙂
- Fall Bucket List — Maybe I haven’t mentioned this yet 😉 but I am OBSESSED with fall. Give me anything fall related and I am a happy camper!
- My “Happy” Playlist — Similar to may favorite YouTube mixes… I like giving people things to add to lists 🙂
What have been your favorite posts over these past two years? Favorite review? Favorite miscellaneous post? What are some random facts about you?
Until next time…