AHHHHhhh!! It’s August already. Where is time going? I am officially at the half-way point in my Master’s degree program… YIKES. After the 4 years of undergraduate school, it’s such an odd concept that I could possibly be so close to done so fast.
I read 6 books!
My Just Read July challenge did me good. I didn’t quite reach my goal, but I made some serious progress. I read Frindle, Yes Please, Not Like Everyone Else (full review here), Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker, and Fifty Shades Freed.
Mid-Year Freak Out. I loved this tag. It gave me the chance to figure out where I am in my goals and what I need to do to keep on track. It was also really fun because I was able to connect with other people in the community which is always amazing!
I don’t really have any… Maybe my reviews (Talking as Fast as I Can, Wild, The Hazel Wood, and Not Like Everyone Else). I still haven’t figured out what works in a review for me, so I’m still playing with formats and pictures and I think they’re a bit boring from time to time. [I am totally open to suggestions for fixing this problem!]
- This post about being Brave Not Fearless from the Perpetual Page Turner.
- Top Ten Tuesday Books That Lived Up to the Hype at Fiction No Chaser. I’m always leery about starting books that are OVER THE TOP HYPED UP. Yes, some are legitimately that good, but many fall short of those expectations. This is a spectacular list a, and I added several books to my TBR list from it.
- I love Survey Sunday @ Munch Reviews! It’s such a fun way to see what other readers and bloggers do and where you fit in on that. It’s wonderful not just read about what others are doing, but to get to participate 🙂
- I also really enjoyed this discussion post by Maddie about Working and Blogging. It was a great discussion post with her blogs, but it’s the comments that really got me! There are so many people in this community that offer ideas and encouragement, it’s wonderful to see.
- I need to get some posts knocked out and scheduled. With school starting again, my schedule will fill up fast so now is the time to prepare. I’d like to have a post scheduled for each week and a couple on backup just so I don’t have to rush the night before.
- June and July have been the best months my blog has ever seen with more than 200 views, but I would like to see that double next month. I am going to work on writing more posts and using social media to bring in more readers.
- Not blog related: I want to have my literature review written for my thesis so I can focus solely on my research and be writing the methods section this fall. Which means more reading, but the boring kind. Any suggestions for getting through scientific papers?
August is always such an exciting month for me. For some reason, I feel like it’s the beginning of fall (my favorite season). August, the start of school, all the possibilities.
- School starting again. I’ve accepted that I am a nerd. Even though I am starting my 6th year of college, it is still exciting to me. (That’s 19 total years of school from kindergarten!)
- Our three-year anniversary. It’s hard to believe it’s been so long. In the nine years we’ve known each other we’ve come so far. I don’t know what we’re going to do yet, but it’ll be amazing.
- A visit from my parents AND Zach’s parents. School starting up again means that TWO of our siblings are moving 350+ miles to be MUCH closer to us. And parents have to help, right?
How was your July? What did you read? What are you looking forward to in August?