“This is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.” – Okoto Enigma
This award is really cool and I’m a little bummed that I hadn’t heard of it before I was nominated. Okoto Enigma created it so bloggers could recognize each other for their creativity and dedication. This award helps bloggers discover other bloggers and I find that really amazing.
A HUGE Thank You…
I am so thankful that Maddie from Much Reviews nominated me for this award! If you haven’t been to her blog yet, you need to right now. (Linked here again just to make sure you don’t miss it!) Your blog is so fun and beautiful I love visiting! It helps that you read some of the same books as me and I find your reviews super applicable to books I will read soon or have just read. Thank you, again, Maddie!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three Things About Me:
- I am a scientist. I feel like that’s been said on my blog before, but I’m also not sure. I have a B.S. degree in biology with an emphasis in molecular biology and minors in environmental sciences and chemistry. I’m currently getting a masters in the field of genomics. While this isn’t overly unique, I haven’t (knowingly) come across any other book bloggers who are also scientists 🙂
- I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. I’m about to start my 6th year of college and, while I love what I do, there are so many other things I want to try! I wanted to be a book publisher, a journalist, a doctor, a daycare provider BEFORE school, now I still want to be a doctor, a teacher, a bookstore owner, a lab rat, etc. etc. Someday I’ll figure it out, right?
- I have weird irrational fears. I am absolutely terrified of jumping off a boat in the middle of the lake. I have lifeguard training. I am a good swimmer. But I get a little panicky when it comes to being in the middle of a lake (or river). I’m terrified of the “pig man” being in my shower. I have very little fear of an actual intruder, but I’m freaked out when I think about that one episode of American Horror Story. Additionally, I am terrified of spiders, snakes, heights, and failure.
Questions from Maddie
1. Why did you start blogging?
This is the first successful blog I’ve ever had, but it isn’t my first blog. (Note: I’m defining success as “still alive and maintained”) I think the first blog I ever started was back in 2013. I was a freshman in college and my introverted self needed a way to connect with people who liked similar things. That one was called “Bits and Pieces.” I kept it up for almost a year, but I was a sporadic poster at best. A while (I don’t know how long) after I gave up on that one, I started “All Things M.” This one lasted almost two years. I think the biggest reason I gave up on that was that I got married. Yep, I’m that girl. From what I remember, I gave up when I finished my second year of college. I started an internship, turned 20, and got married a couple months later. I still love the blog title, but when I was ready to come back I just wanted to start fresh.
Which led to Molly’s Madness. My little spot of crazy on the internet. I started with the intention of having a lifestyle-ish blog, like my other ones, but all I really wanted to talk about what I was reading because there was no one in my life that read like I did. About January of last year, it shifted into more of a “just books” blog and I wouldn’t change it back for anything.
2. Now that half the year is done, what are your goals for your reading and blogging for the rest of the year?
Reading: I have been doing really good this year as far as my Goodreads and “30 books” challenges go (see more on my challenges page). However, I would like to double my original goal of 30 books and reach 60 total books this year (which means way more reading!).
Blogging: Molly’s Madness has been picking up. If you’ve been following me for a while, maybe you’ve seen the subtle changes. I’ve been posting about 2-3 times a week (which is a million times better than 2-3 times/month that I sat at last year) and I am really proud of myself for keeping up with the goals I’ve set. I want to continue working on that, which means starting to schedule out my posts into August so I’m prepared when school starts 🙂
3. Which fictional character would be your real-life BFF?
What’s that? Oh, she’s not fictional?
I think Hermione Granger and I would’ve made quite the pair. She’s smart and sassy and loyal to a fault. We would’ve always followed the rules and who knows what trouble Ron and Harry would find themselves stuck in.
4. Who’s your favourite villain (book or movie)?
BEAST from Beauty and the Beast. It was seriously one of my favorite movies when I was little and I love that he becomes good in the end 🙂
[Sidenote: I know there are people out there that side with the villains, but I really struggle liking villains. It doesn’t matter if it’s a movie or book, I very rarely like them. Even when I know they’re not all bad… ]
5. You’re speaking to an acquaintance who has something in their teeth, do you tell them or not? Would you want someone to tell you?
Um… I probably wouldn’t tell them, but I would want someone to tell me… Is that wrong? I would feel super awkward about pointing out someone’s flaws, but I know I wouldn’t be offended if someone pointed it out to me? (does this make any sense?)
I’m not exactly sure what type of posts I’m supposed to share here, but below are some of my favorites posts ever:
- Just Read July + 5 Essential Tips for Reading More Books
- Unpopular Opinion: 8 Books I Didn’t Like But Everyone Else Loved
- 11 Books to Read When You’re Craving Spring
Thanks, again, for the tag, Maddie! In return, I nominate…
- Molly @ Silver Button Books
- Angela @ Musings of a Literary Wanderer
- Happy Whale @ A Happy Little Bookworm
- Maren @ The Worn Bookmark
- Jackie @ Death by Tsundoku
Questions form nominees:
- If you could have any magical power, what would it be? Why?
- *funny question* Chicken dance or macarena?
- What is your guilty pleasure book or movie (or TV show)?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- What is your go-to book to recommend to people?
Feel free to tag yourself and answer these questions if you would like! (But make sure you share your link below so I can see!!)