We’re more than half-way through 2018! How crazy is that? It’s been a busy month around here, I hope you’ve been keeping up with the bombardment of posts 🙂 And if not, go back, they’re still there! June has been a really great month for Molly’s Madness, it has been the most visited month of my blogging career! Additionally, FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER I COMPLETED MY GOODREADS CHALLENGE. That’s right, I read 30 books this year (and we’re only half way!!), so let’s double it 🙂
This month, I read 3 books!
The Children of Blood and Bone (5 stars)(check out my review here), The Hazel Wood (4 stars), and Talking as Fast as I Can (5 stars, review coming this week)
So many, how do I choose just one..? I’m going to have to go with Owned but Unread. I am super excited about this challenge, and I hope it really helps me get through all these books that I own but still sit on my TBR list.
Second place: Summer 2018 Reading List. I put a bunch of time into getting this one ready and it’s rewarding to see it up and running. Plus, I’m in love with the pictures I used and the idea of summer reading, again.
Third place: Gilmore Girls Reading Challenge. Like I mentioned in the post, I set up the challenges blog page back in January and this challenge has been there the entire time. I’m excited that I’ve finally taken the time to sit down and explain it.
I think… Owned but Unread. I’m really looking forward to this challenge and I think it’s a great way to cut down my TBR. It was disturbingly fun to make this list and I look forward to accomplishing this task!
- This amazing post by Lauren @ Bookmark Lit. I’ve recently stumbled across this blog (by recently, I mean about a month, maybe two), and I absolutely love it! I check in on a daily basis to see what’s new. She likes books that are similar to what I read, she talks about blogging (which I stink at, but am desperately trying to get better at), and she shares personal things, too! I know the post I linked to is a bit old, but it’s an amazing read (and while you’re at her blog you should check out this post and this one, too!). So great for any blogger struggling with review writing.
- 14 Ways to Live Like a Gilmore Girl by Olivia @ A Mind Set on God. I’m sure you’re tired of hearing about Gilmore Girls because I had this post earlier this week so I won’t blab too much. But the fangirl in me really loved this post!
- I loved participating in WWW Wednesday (both times!) and really enjoyed some of the other posts! This, this, this, and this are just a few of the MANY AMAZING posts. It’s so fun to see what other books everyone is reading!
- This list of summer book recommendations from Kristin @ Kristin Kraves Books. you don’t have to remind me that I already have an overzealous summer reading list, but I can’t help myself!! This is such a great list and I added more books to my already insane TBR list.
- This list of lessons learned when challenging yourself to read thirty books in thirty days from The Book Sachel. WOW! 30 books in one month… I’m proud of my 5 to 7 books per month. I can’t even imagine reading that many. BUT it does make me think about trying to do a month readathon… (with fewer books, of course – thoughts?) Anyway, it’s a great read!
- Continue the upward trend in my blog posting. This month, I posted 11 times, which is basically a record for me. And I loved it. It felt really good to plan out and schedule posts ahead of time, so I wasn’t scrambling on a Friday because I hadn’t posted yet this week.
- Continue with WWW. I only did this twice this month, but I found that that’s what fits best for my blog and my reading style (aka, slow-ish). I loved the chance to connect with other bloggers in this wonderful way.
- Knocking out some more reviews. I have a couple scheduled, but the list of reviews I need to get done is growing weekly.
- READ MORE. Ugh. I swear this is on my goals list every other month, but there is always room for improvement. While I did reach my Goodreads goal of 30 books this month, I only read 3 books (down from the last few months!) and I would really love to read more this month. (maybe a readathon…?)
- The 4th of July! Zach’s family is getting together (his grandfather and some cousins are coming to visit from California) and I am super excited! 4th of July always took my family camping and it brings up so many great memories. Ready for round 23!
- Zach has two weeks of Guard drill. While I always miss him after the first day or two, I am REALLY looking forward to using this time to get some serious thesis work done. Whether it be writing my thesis or doing lab work, these two weeks are going to offer some serious “GET ‘ER DONE” time.
Let’s talk! Give me your thoughts on one or all of the prompts above, I would love to hear what you’ve been up to! What have you been reading?