Hey there! I don’t know about you, but I am totally ready for some spring weather. I am OFFICIALLY on spring break (and doing absolutely nothing) and I would give almost anything for some spring weather! Good news: spring is just 14 days away!! With that in mind, I put together a short list of books to read when you REALLY want it to be spring.
- Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah. Not going to lie, it’s a little sad, but the book is REALLY good.
- A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams. My review here. Seriously one of my favorite books, a great quick read with romance, mystery, and beaches!
- Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. The season of circuses.
- The Summer of Letting Go by Gae Polisner. It’s been awhile since I read this one, but I really loved this coming-of-age story.
- The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton. Cute. Fun. Easy.
- The Weekenders by Mary Kay Andrews. Mystery, romance, and one of those fun, beachy settings.
- The Vacationers by Emma Straub. DRAMA, but at least it’s the fun kind.
- Nantucket Blue by Leila Howland. I read this one four or five summers ago, but it still comes to mind when I’m wishing for warmer days.
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Maybe this is a weird one to put on the list, but I think it fits in.
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. Again, a little depressing, but totally worth the read.
- The Nest by Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney. My review here.
But that’s not all, here are a couple books I HAVEN’T READ, yet, but actually want to prepare for this spring:
- Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter.
- Modern Lovers by Emma Straub.
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple.
- The Identicals by Elin Hilderbrand.
- Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty.
Let me know what you think! Are you ready for spring? What books do you read to get in the mood for spring?