I’m not really into the whole Halloween thing. DON’T CLOSE THE PAGE, KEEP READING!! Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE fall, but I’m not a big fan of things that are even a little bit scary and the holiday (aside from the candy) has never really been one I enjoy. However, despite my lack of enthusiasm for Halloween, I really love the idea of getting to be anyone you want, even if it’s just for a night. So, today, I’ve put together a short roundup in the spirit of tomorrow’s holiday. Take these however you want. Some are just for girls, some could be couples, but I tried to make it so there is a little something for everyone.
10 Literary Characters I Would be for Halloween
- Elizabeth Bennett/Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice — what is there to hate in dressing like your from another century?
- Hermoine/Harry Potter from Harry Potter — It’s a little cliche, but I would LOVE to be part of this world, so if Halloween is as close as I can get, I’m going to take it!
- Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games series –I know, but I AM a cheesy fangirl at heart. You could do so much with this idea OR you could dress almost completely normal. Plus, she’s a badass.
- Ava Lavender from The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender
- Helene/Elias from An Ember in the Ashes — There is something about the mask that makes this one stand out to me. Plus, the books are AMAZING.
- Anyone from the Lord of the Rings — So many options, how do you chose just one?
- Daisy Buchanan from the Great Gatsby — Roaring Twenties. Need I say more?
- Mary Poppins — Simple, elegant, understated. Plus, there is just something so magical about her. (I think this is a really great one for last-minute people — odds are you already have everything you need)
- The tree from Chicka Chicka Boom Boom — (You can laugh, but this one is SO easy.) All you need is a brown outfit, a funky green top, and those cheap fridge magnets.
- Alice from Alice in Wonderland (or the Mad Hatter, or the Red Queen, really, where could you go wrong?)
Let’s talk! What are you’re Halloween plans? Have you dressed up as any of these before? What’s your favorite? Did I miss any that you would put on your list? I love hearing from you!