I’m not sure that it’s fair to say that this was much of a blog before I took that little sabbatical there, but it’s been awhile since I last wrote. Not to mention, it’s been a little busy. So here is what I’ve been up to (some of the big stuff anyway)…
- I’m getting ready to apply to graduate schools – yes, that means I took my GRE (EW!). It went well enough that I am still applying to schools :), so I suppose that’s a good thing. I’m currently trying to write my personal statement, which is a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. Slow and steady wins the race here. Any tips?
- Zach and I hiked Harney peak. The tallest point east of the Rocky Mountains until Europe, and we did it 🙂 It was a long hike, beautiful. And TOTALLY worth it.
- School. And lot’s of it. It’s the last semester of my senior year – my last chance to improve my GPA, so I am working my butt off! (You may remember the 4.0 challenge) I’m still going for it! Between work and studying, I pretty much don’t do anything else.
- It’s going to be a homemade Christmas for us this year, so I am working CRAZY hard to come up with things that I can DIY to give to our families and friends (and Zach). I’ve got a couple things done, so look out for posts about those beautiful items.
- Reading!! I feel like I have been reading a lot the last couple weeks. When I think about the books I’ve finished, it feels like I shouldn’t be reading as much as I am. But, to be fair, I allow myself to read whatever I want at the gym. So that’s an hour and a half every other day that I can eliptical and read 🙂 I’ve been having a really good time with all the books I pick out, so that a HUGE bonus. Since we last talked, I’ve read:
- The Red Queen
- The Glass Sword
- A Torch Against the Night
- Jamee Magee’s Insight series
- The 5th Wave (I’m on hold waiting for the second and third books at the library, ugh!)
- Leaving Time
- I work. Well, I don’t know if it counts as work. I do undergraduate research with a professor o my campus and I love it so so much! I learn skills that will help me in my future. Such an amazing opportunity.
- Zach and I went to Omaha with my family to visit my cousin (this was before the semester even began) It was a lot of fun to go to the zoo again, shop, and eat!
- We celebrated our one year anniversary <3. It has been an amazing year. I know that a lot of people think we got married to young and that being married in college isn’t a good idea. But we thought we were ready, and I think we were right. It was important to us before we lived together. I have to admit, it’s way easier to live together than always shuttle back and forth.
I think that’s about it right now 🙂