Hello beautiful friends!
I don’t know about you but I CANNOT believe that school is going to start up again in three weeks. What is even more astounding to me is that this is my last fall semester as an undergraduate student. That means I have to grow up.. or something. When did this even happen? I remember almost wearing pajamas to kindergarten on my first day because I was so excited to get there! And now I’m almost done.
To be honest, college was always in the plans, I never thought college wasn’t an option. I was always going to go, so it coming to and end is even more real than the end of high school for me. There are so many big, real world decisions to be made. I just signed up to take my GRE because, apparently, I want to go to grad school. I didn’t even know that! So now I am left freaking out about how my GPA isn’t good enough to get in. And thus the challenge.
I challenge myself to get a 4.0 GPA this semester.
And I know that for some people 4.0s come easier than for others. I mean, in high school I had no problems, NONE. And in college this has very much not been the case. I haven’t applied myself the way that I should have, and going into the working world (or the grad school world) I’m starting to kick myself in the butt.
This semester I have Biochemistry I, Biochemistry I Lab, Calculus II, Molecular and Cell Biology, and Environmental Chemistry. In addition I have two, yes TWO, undergraduate research positions and officer position in ASM. So, to say the least, it’s going to be a bumpy ride.
Here are some “plans” I have for accomplishing this goal:
- I resolve to keep an organized planner (keeping the planner is easy, I always tote mine around, it’s using it to follow through with things that I’m not so good at)
- I resolve to stay positive. One failed test does not mean the challenge is over, so I am going to do the best I can to see the glass half full.
- I resolve to work out regularly. Nothing great has ever been accomplished by sitting on your booty, so I want to keep myself moving. Plus it’ll help LOWER my stress. In addition, maybe I could finally reach my goal weight.
- I resolve to spend an hour studying each night with NO distractions. (This was originally an hour and a half, but I figured the more realistic the better.) I’m awful about turning netflix on in the background while I’m doing homework and then not accomplishing anything. Or not being able to remember it because I wasn’t really paying attention.
- I resolve to sleep 8 hours a day. As I get older, I find myself having trouble in the dark winter months of South Dakota. Getting a solid sleep schedule will benefit my health and – hopefully – keep my mind working like it should.
- I resolve to wake up early. I am a morning person. I always have been, but in the time since I have started college, that habit has slowly drifted away. (Compared to some college kids I wake up early, but my average (6:30-9:00) leaves something to be desired.) So I’m working on a morning makeover (look for a post about that soon!) and waking up early to use those beautiful and quiet hours.
OH, and you can never forget LOTS and LOTS of coffee ❤
How about the rest of you college folks? Do you have any CRAZY goals for this semester, any things that you want to accomplish? After all it’s the beginning of a new year on campus!